Monday, March 1, 2010

It's the final countdown...

Hola,

Nothing much has happened this week that I can remember. We're just getting ready to leave. And I'm ready for it. I don't really know Spanish, but that will come. I'm ready to get out there.

I got the phone cards. But they kept falling out of the letter in the laundry room (because I got it right before we came here) and I kept losing them so I had Elder Brown put them in his pocket and now I don't know where he is. So if I don't call that's why. He's going to Columbia. And he's the only one that's in his travel group. So he gets to travel for 2 days to another country by himself. Haha. His first name is Chris. So his name is Chris Brown. Like the singer. He's great.

There's really nothing to say.... We taught some Natives the other day. That was pretty cool. It's kind of intimidating because we know that they know if we're saying it right or wrong. But they're really nice and they just nod. And then they reply back really fast and you don't know what they said and it's just great. Then they taught us in English and it was really fun because the roles were reversed. And sometimes I would say words that I knew they wouldn't know, just for fun. Because I'm pretty sure they did that to us. While some other people were teaching us, I don't remember who it was, we were talking about the law of tithing and they were telling us it was really important to keep. (This lesson was in Spanish.) And Sister Jacobson said, "Es importante pero cuando no tengo dinero es dificil comer mi familia." Comer means eat....I think she meant feed....but no se.

I made Sister Jone's ward newsletter with my bed fort. That was pretty cool. Her mom sent her a copy of it.

Today may have been my last temple trip for a while. That's kind of sad. I'm just glad that we have them so close to our house and we can go a lot. It's great.

On a different note (that was a pun...just wait for it...) during devotional the other day we were singing If You Could Hie to Kolob and in between two verses all the sudden the organist went crazy and started playing all this music that wasn't If You Could Hie to Kolob. It sounded like Phantom of the Opera or something. It was NUTS. But I loved it.

In gym I've started playing four square because it's a lot more fun than running. And volleyball. And the elders won't let me play basketball. Because they're scared. Anyway, I'm getting pretty good at four square now. I usually make it to the king square at least once and stay there. But then some of the elders hit it really hard at me because they think it's funny. Yesterday the line was super long because all the new missionaries came. Towards the end of gym time I made up a new game called cut in front of Elder Stringham because I don't want to wait in line. So that's what I would do. Usually when I would get out he would be half way up the line so I would nonchalantly meander up, and then just sidestep into line. I think that some of the elders noticed, but they were too scared to say anything. It's ok. I can beat them up. They're probably just jealous of my mad skills. I only have one more gym time left tomorrow. I'm kind of sad. Oh well.

I don't really know what else to say. The TRC is going ok. But I'll be glad when it's over. Tonight for our task we have to tell them that the ward mission leader is sick and explain what's wrong with him. I'm going to tell them that he has yellow fever AND tuberculosis. I just have to learn how before tonight. Oh...one cool thing about the TRC...last Saturday we were studying and a TRC teacher came and asked if we could be investigators in the TRC because they didn't have enough volunteers. It was really fun and it was neat to have to roles reversed. I just wanted them to do well and when they didn't quite make sense it was ok because I could get the gist of it. And they were teaching me in Spanish. So that was neat because I understood them. Sometimes that doesn't happen.

Well, I better go because Hermana Jacobson can't log on to her email, again, so we have to go back to the place. Whoohoo. I'll talk to you all on Tuesday. HAppy DAY!!!!!
Hasta luego.

Love, Sister Vaughn

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jill! This is Katie's friend Jill.
    I was wondering if I could get her new address in Texas. I only have her MTC address. Thank you much!
    My email is jillbaker.creative@gmail.com. Thanks!
    Jill Baker

    ReplyDelete