Friday, February 19, 2010

It's the end of the MTC as we know it!!!

This is Jill. Whoever keeps ratting me out to Katie to tell her I'm not updating needs to stop or I won't ever post again. :)

Actualmente not really. Tenemos nuestros plans de viajar y salimos el 2nd de marzo. Entonces, tenemos 10 dias. Pero esta bien porque no se espanol bien. We got our travel plans yesterday. All of us Texicans leave on March 2nd at 5 in the morning and the rest of the district leaves on the 1st at 5 & 8 am. We land in Dallas at 12:07. I'm excited to go...I'd be more excited if it was this Tuesday, pero esta bien. I guess the extra week will be nice so that I can get more of the language and the doctrine down. I feel like I know a lot, and then we teach a lesson to actual Native Spanish speakers and I feel like...well, I can't really think up a good analogy with the time counting down in bright red numbers in the corner. Just use your imagination. I have a long way to go. Pero I know a lot more now than I did 8 weeks ago so I know that Heavenly Father is helping me and that I will be able to do it. Si se puede!!!

I can't think of anything exciting that happened this week really. We taught some Native Missionaries last night that were from Columbia and Mexico and they are going to Washington DC and Oklahoma City. I told Elder Soto to look for Elder Ellsworth. They are really fun to talk to because they're learning English so they know how it is so we just help each other. They asked us how many weeks we've been here and Sister Jacobson told them, "Ocho manzanas." Just to let you know...the word for week is semana....

The Chinese man was in the temple again and he gave the waffle three eyes because he messed up. I might have to come back after the mission and visit him.

I really should have written funny stuff down this week like I normally do because now I don't know what else to say.

Oh, I have been wanting to say this since like the 1st week but I forget. I like being a sister in the MTC because it's kind of like you are a movie star. For the most part all the elders are really nice to you and they say hi to you even if you don't know them. They also always open the doors and let you cut in the ice cream line. Could life get any better? (Trick question.)

Last week in Sacrament Meeting our branch pres, who's really cool by the way, was telling a story about when he was at scout camp and they built a really big fire. I don't remember how it related to the gospel. Anyway, I was laughing and he was like, "scouts like to do that don't they sister vaughn? For those of you that don't know, Sister Vaughn has worked at scout camps for years." ...It was only one year, but that's ok. I just let him think that. It was kind of like how my religion teacher in college thought I was a nursing student for the entire semester and he'd always ask me medical questions.

Anyway, I have 2 min left so I better wrap this up. I love you all. Tell everyone hi. I love this gospel and I'm excited to teach it to all the creatures in Texas within the sound of my voice. Yee-haw.
Love,
Sister Vaughn

No comments:

Post a Comment