Right to Left: Hermana Jones, Hermana Vaughn, and Hermana Jacobson
Whew...the weeks seem to go by so fast but then so slow at the same time. It feels like I've been here FOREVER but TOMORROW is my ONE MONTH LEFT day. I think...mom you asked why I have 3 different departure dates...I know not. I think it's because stuff like this always happens to me...no one really knows for sure when I leave. Just like I was an hour late for class my first day here because they forgot to send Host Sisters to come get the 5 of us that were waiting. The departure date my branch president has for me is February 23, so that's the one I'm banking on. He said that's the one that's right, so cross your fingers I only have a month yet.
This morning as we were walking to the temple, we were joking about just taking off running so we didn't have to go back to the MTC. I said, Don't worry about it. I already called my mom and she's waiting in the parking lot. She'll drop you elders off if you want. (They all live in the Salt Lake area.) The temple was great as always. Every other week there's this little chinese man that works in the cafeteria there, and he is possibly my favorite part of the MTC experience. Today I got a Belgian Waffle, as always, and he made a smiley face with the whipped cream again. One of the branch presidency members, Brother Peterson, was behind me and he goes, Look! It's a smiley face!! And the chinese man grabs a piece of bacon and puts it above the mouth and goes, "With a moustache!!!!" Easily made my day.
The other day we went on a "Spanish Walk" and Hermano Hill pointed out different things and told them the spanish word for them. I don't remember any of them. (I had to look this next word up in the dictionary). He said, "A fence is called a cercado." And Elder Miner goes, "And on the other side is called freedom." Then we were walking down the driveway behind some buildings and another district was walking towards us and all at the same time all our elders bent down and started snapping their fingers like on West Side Story. We're always laughing when they're around. And sometimes even when they're not, because sisters can be funny too.
Thursday at the beginnning of class elder maurer, the DL, said, "Ok, we're going to stand and say the theme in Spanish." (Which we've been doing since we got here). And Elder Miner goes, "What theme?!"
I got a mini fridge in our room to put my insulin in this week, which is great but there are only 4 outlets in the entire room, so now sister jones and mine are taken with the fridge and a clock. Sister Peterson, branch presidnecy's wife, brought us one of those things you can plug lots of things into. She's really nice but kind of strict. Sister Jones and I were both blow drying our hair at the same time and I said, "If we blow the fuse, I don't think we should tell Sister Peterson." As SOON as I finished, both our dryers turned off. So did all the other plugs in the room. Whoops.
The food is still gross and I don't really like eating it anymore. I only like breakfast because I can get a bagel and a grapefruit...it's not burned or soaked in grease.
I'm glad that I don't have to speak Russian...I thought Spanish was hard. The other day while I was waiting for the Spanish Language program on my computer to unfreeze, I decided to look at one of the 5 things we can access on the computer...it was "Russian Help." I'm not sure why I can look at it, but it made me a whole lot glader (that's a word I promise) because I don't think I could learn that. Although the letters look fun to write.
This is getting worse because I am running out of time. I love you all. I hope you have a good week.
If you want to send me popcorn that would be ok.
I love you,
Amor Hermana Vaughn

No comments:
Post a Comment