January 15, 2010
It seems like I've been here forever...and yet I still have eternity to go. I like being here and learning but it's hard just staying cooped up. Again I loved going to the temple today...it's so refreshing to be able to go outside and walk around. We were actually on time, I think for the first time ever, because I stood at the door and said, we need to go. we need to go. we need to go. we need to go. I'm pretty sure my companions loved it. But it worked. It's probably going to happen more often.
Elder L. Tom Perry came to the devo on Tues. It was really neat because basically he gave the first discussion. It was cool to see how important it is...if an apostle of the Lord is giving his talk on it, we better take it seriously. It also hit me that night that if the church wasn't true, why would thousands of youth spent 2 years of their lives and 15 men give up their whole lives to it? I don't think that President Monson is the type of guy that would lie to millions of people.
After the Devotional, one of the elders shared in his testimony that the mtc is like a spiritual prison. Then President Eliason told us that the only difference between a real prison and the MTC is that in prison you get to watch TV. Also, Elder Miner the other day was asking some crazy spanish question , like could you have 3 verbs in a row or something, and our teacher told him to say the sentence in english and no one knew what he was trying to say, so Hermano Hill said, Elder, If it doesn't make sense in English, it PROBABLY isn't going to make sense in Spanish.
I wish I could write more but I only have a little time left. Dang this count down. If you don't send it in time it erases everything.
I love you all and I pray for you everyday. I love getting your letters...sorry if I forgot to respond to important things.
Love you all,
Amor Hermana Vaughn
awww thats amazing!!!!! I am so jealous
ReplyDelete