January 8,2010
This week has definitely been so much easier than last week. We finally have a normal schedule so we knows what going on most of the time. We're late to EVERYTHING though. You might find this hard to believe, but usually I'm ready to go about 5 min before we need to leave so I sit on my bed for 10 min and wait for my companions. It kind of stinks that it appears that we're all always late, but that's not the case. Oh well. Esta bien.
The Spanish is coming along. Sometimes I have really good days when I can say what I want, and then there are days when I remember nothing. Tonight we're going to the TRC or one of those letters and we have to "meet people in the park" and talk to them for 15 min in Spanish. I'm not sure how that's going to go, but we'll see.
This morning we went to the temple at 7. We were actually on time for that because I stood at the door and said, "Vamos!!!!" over and over and over until my companions actually came. It was so nice to have something familiar so I could just relax and enjoy it instead of trying to figure out what's going on and what they're saying. We ate breakfast in the temple cafeteria after and it was the best meal I've had yet. At first I was excited to eat 3 meals a day that someone else cooked, but the MTC food got real old real quick. I do like that they have fresh fruit and I've eaten an orange every meal and a grapefruit every morning. I had a belgian waffle at the temple the size of my plate and the little chinese man that gave it to me drew a smiley face with the whipped cream.
It still hasn't really hit me that I'm a missionary yet because when Hermana Jones and I were waiting for Hermana Jacobson after the session, some Sisters walked into the dressing room and I said, "Look!!!! Missionaries!!!!!" Whoops.
It was nice to be outside the MTC as we walked back. We could actually see the mountains. I hate that all the sidewalks are covered here so you can't even see the sky. The other night we came out of dinner as the sun was settting and my companion said, Look!!! The sun!!! Even though we're outside during the day, your head is covered so we never see it. We're also not allowed to open the blinds for some reason and our classroom is in the same building as our residence hall so we don't really even go outside that often.
The numbers are flashing and I now have 3 min left. The numbers make me nervous so I'm not correcting my spelling mistakes.
I guess I'll have to finish this next week.
Amor,
Hermana Vaughna
No comments:
Post a Comment