February 5, 2010
Answer: A buffaloafer!!!!!!!
So I don't remember if I told you this, but that joke started a week long debate between the hermanas about whether a bison and a buffalo are the same thing or not. They, in fact, are. Which is what I said and had to build a defense case for. This included polling random missionaries, and quickly informing the other hermanas that the elders that said they were different were wrong. One of the key witnesses in my case was Elder Lies, who is from Montana. That alone should win the argument...(the other two sisters that were debating are in our zone and in our residence hall but in a different district. They are Hermana Hatch from LA, California and Hermana Tillett from Indiana.) Who knows better, a Montanian, a Californian, or an Indianan. Combine Montana with Idaho. I rest my case. They still wouldn't believe us, even after Elder Lies explained his high school mascot was the Buffalo and they called the mascot "The Bison." Nick saved the day when he sent proof in a dearelder. I just didn't tell them that it was from Wikipedia because they said that isn't a reliable source.
That's about the height of MTC excitement right there. Elder Maurer and I also invented a game last night where we watch the "spiritual movies" on mormon.org or lds.org and try to name the apostle first. Good times.
Time still continues to fly but at the same time I feel like I've been here forever. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel though so I'm beginning to enjoy it a little more. My sentence is almost served. Just kidding. I really do like it here. The food gets worse and worse every day, but I'd rather have someone cook for me than have to cook it myself I guess.
I thought about giving you my schedule so you would know what I'm doing, but i figured that would take to long. You could probably say I'm studying or in class and you'd be right. We eat at 7:30, 12, and 5. And have gym directly after. Which makes for sick missionaries. But you get a little used to it. We can't go outside for gym. The field is still covered in snow. (Oh, gym is one of my favorite times of the day. It's truly inspired.) I used to play volleyball but all of my volleyball friends are now in Guatemala and Utah (we had 2 elders that were the ZL's, Elder Graham and Elder Matthews that are serving in the Provo Mission. At least it's spanish speaking. They were awesome.). Usually now I just run or lift weights, but the last 2 gyms sister jones and I have started to play foursquare. We're pretty good. Not really. But one time I made it to the first square. The elders were nice at first but now they are mean because when we're both in together we don't hit it into each other's squares and we just hit it at the elders so then they get us out. We usually play that if the line isn't too long. I run at least a half mile every day, but it's hard because it's an indoor track and I get bored running around and around the same thing. Sometimes I pretend like I'm riding the exercise bikes so I can look out the window at Provo. I don't like actually riding the bikes.
We don't speak spanish ALL the time yet, although we're suppose to. Our teachers mostly do all of class in Spanish. I'm pretty good at guessing what they are saying. It's harder for me to speak it now because we learn a new tense a day. We have our first TRC Spanish appointment tonight, we're teaching the first lesson. We'll see how it goes because of right now all I know is "Dios nos ama."
I'm running out of time as you can tell my typos. I love you all. Have a good week.
Love, Hermana Vaughn
P.S. we went to the RC last night for the first time. All I got was answering machines and a girl hung up on me. Elder Maurer talked to a drunk guy. And Elder Miner called a girl that said she got baptized 6 years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment