January 2, 2010
As you can see from the subject, I'm having a bit of a time remembering which words are French and which words are Spanish. I didn't think that I learned anything in high school French, but apparently I did because it's all coming back to me now. No bueno because when my teachers ask me to say something, some of it is in French, some of it is in Spanish and some of it is in English, so no one really has any idea what I am saying.
This first week is insane!! It's only the third full day, which half of today is P day - I've never been so excited to put on pants in my life-, and we've already learned how to greet someone, introduce ourselves and our companions, say who we are and what we are doing, say a simple prayer, ask get-to-know-you questions, answer them, and say a few phrases like, Joseph Smith (whose name in Spanish is Jose) is a prophet of God, The Church is true, We read the scriptures...stuff like that. ALL in Spanish. And by learned I mean we've been taught because once I leave the classroom I barely remember any of it. I think it will be better after next week starts when we have an hour a day to do personal study of the language.
I have TWO companeras, Hermana Jones y Hermana Jacobson. Hermana Jones is from Magna and has already graduated from the U (the poo) and has taught special ed for a year in the Salt Lake Valley. Hermana Jacobson is from Cedar Hills and she goes to BYUI. We never met up there but we both think we've seen each other. Ellas es muy bueno.
Our district is way cool. There are nine of us. Oh, Hermana Jacobson is going to Fort Worth aussi and Hermana Jones is going to Vena Del Mar, Chile. There are 2 other elders in our zone going to Fort Worth, Elder Udall from Mesa, AZ and Elder Montierth from Mesa, Washington. Weird huh? Then Elder Maurer, from somewhere around Salt Lake, I think Murray, and Elder Palmer are going to Guatemala. They might leave after 3 weeks and go to the MTC down there. Elder Miner, from SL somewhere and Elder Stevens, from SL somewhere, are going to Vina Del Mar with Hermana Jones. They are all stinking hilarious. Today our teacher was telling us the things we're suppose to do on P-day and Elder Palmer goes, Is this the day when we're suppose to shower? I don't know if it's as funny as it was, I guess maybe you had to be there.
It's crazy how fast free time goes, I have 6 min before my email kicks me out and deletes everything, and how long class times are. I don't think I've ever sat still for so long without saying anything besides church stuff before in my life. My hinder hurts todos los dias. Well, I better get this sent before all my hard work goes to waste. A thing just popped up saying it's closing my email in 5 minitos.
ADIOS MUCHACHOS!!!!
Amor, Hermana Vaughn
Sister Katie Jo Vaughn
MTC Mailbox #120
TX-FTW 0223
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604-1793
No comments:
Post a Comment