Sunday, October 7, 2012

Provo, Utah

Well, I never thought that life would find me here, but here I am. Luckily it's not for school, since I'm done with that. Click here to read about that fiasco...
(I just figured out how to link stuff. I also figured out how to cross things out.)
But luckily I got that all cleared up and now I am a college graduate!!!
I'm not exactly sure why I am here, all I know is it has to do with praying and following the Spirit. So I guess we'll see what happens.
I moved in with Nick and Jenni on September 17th, after Mom and I got back from Chicago . For the 2nd time. I had an interview in Spanish Fork the next day so I went to that.
Long story short, it took until October 5th to finally land a job. I guess that is less than a month and that is better than a lot of people, with unemployment rates being how they are, but it was a little discouraging. I went to 5 interviews for 3 different places, 2 of which told me they would "let me know." One sent a rejection letter to Idaho (how were they expecting me to get that?) and I still haven't heard back from the other one, which was the one in Spanish Fork. The reason I rushed to move down here in the first place. Oh well. It all worked out in the end because I will be working at this place . Basically it's the same thing as my internship from this past winter, but hopefully more enjoyable. I work full time, with benefits and a lot of cool other stuff. And the best part is I don't work weekends, which rocks my flippin socks off. Every other job that I applied for requires weekends. Even though it's a boarding school and the participants are there all the time, they have fixed shifts and have a weekend staff. Score score score.
I also got a slamming deal on an apt/townhouse. I live with 3 other girls that I don't really know. I've seen one of them 3 times, and the other one about 5. The last one I don't think exists because all that is in her room is a mattress leaning against the wall. It's unfurnished, but luckily the other girls have furniture and stuff so all I have to worry about is my room. Which for right now is a twin mattress on the floor that I borrowed from Jenni's sisters and my Harry Potter calendar on the wall. Jenni's sisters, Karen and Catherine, live about a block down the street, which is really cool. My room also used to be the "Barbie room" of the previous tenant's 3 year old daughter. The walls are still a lovely shade of lavender...needless to say I'm painting tomorrow since I don't have to go to work until Tuesday. Pictures to come. Probably.
So far we still don't have internet, so I hang out a lot at Jenni and Nick's. They've been at the hospital since Wednesday, but they should come home tomorrow with Eliza. Yay!

Eliza Mae Vaughn
Born October 5, 2012

1 comment:

  1. Hey I didn't know you had a blog! Yay! I am happy you live in Provo... Maybe now we can see each other when we move up north! :D Hope you are doing well. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete