Monday, December 5, 2011

Chicken BLT - DELIIIIIIGHT!!!!

Since I don't have too many exciting things to put on here, I decided to start a lil food-ish blog of good things that I try/invent.
Today I decided to make a chicken BLT. I have a lot of food stuffs left that I need to finish before the semester ends in a week and a half, mainly a lot of frozen chicken and hamburger. I didn't use a lot of it through the semester because I was worried I'd run out. Now I have enough to eat it every day til school is over. Oh well.
So while I was cleaning up the kitchen (does anyone else have that problem where your roommates make horrendously nasty messes and then leave them to harden and crust for a few days? Shoulda snapped a few pictures of that. Oh well. There will be a next time. Probably like tomorrow...) I decided to cook me up some bacon.

Don't crispify it. Cuz then it's just nasty.
Yesterday I cooked some chicken in a frying pan, but I was also making brownies at the same time, so it got neglected and dry. Even apart from that, I just wasn't impressed with how it turned out, so I decided to get a little crazy today. I "fried" the chicken in the leftover bacon grease and added garlic, onion powder, and Italian seasoning to it, then later added sliced onions and sauteed them.

Then I added some lettuce and tomato from my blackmarket freggies (aka Bountiful Baskets http://bountifulbaskets.org/), mayo, and compiled it all on potato bread (it was the cheapest at Winco...you could probably find some crazy cool bread that would make it look a lot prettier) and Voila!!! insanely good sandwich. :)

2 comments:

  1. That looks legit! Come make it for me please!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need you to make this for me when we come for Christmas. Although I'm not sure frying chicken in bacon grease is the healthiest of options... I bet it makes it taste awesome though.

    ReplyDelete