Familia Mia-
We got a cool car. It's a light blue 2009 Chevy Malibu with a V6. That last thing means nothing to me, but I tell it to the elders and they get really jealous. They all want our car but I think the sisters got it because supposedly it goes really fast but I'm not allowed to speed anymore. We had a zone meeting on Tuesday and 3 different elders popped the hood and looked at the engine. Weirdos. It's really big and it's kind of like driving a boat and I can't really see out of the back window. But when we listen to Mo-Tab sing "The Circle of Life" the drums sound really cool. Jill, it's name is "The Boat." Our old car's name was Grease but that was a stupid name.
We're helping some english elders teach this girl named Sylvia that is 23. She likes us more because we're girls. We took Gaby, a recent convert that is AWESOME that goes out with us all the time AND she speaks Spanish AND english, and saw her on Monday and set a baptismal date with her for the 22nd. It was really neat. We saw her last week and she asked if she could get baptized when she was 40 or 50 so that if she messed up and sinned a lot that she could just get rid of them then. We left her to read Mosiah 18 and she did and when we went back on Monday, she was ready to get baptized. She's still a little nervous, but she is amazing. She is from Nigeria and has lived here for 10 years I think. Her dad lives in Maryland and joined the church and told her to join too. I told her that my great aunt and uncle went on a mission to Nigeria, but I just read in Jill's letter they didn't. Whoops. Anyway, after the lesson we tried to go to FHE in the singles ward with her, so Gaby drove us to the stake center half an hour away, and when we got there it wasn't there because they'd decided to go to some fields in Fort Worth, which is even farther, to play dodge ball. So we went to Sonic and I bought everyone ice cream and then we went home and now I am poor. But it was a fun day.
When we went to the Quiztians Sister Quiztian asked how our families were and I said, Good but when my brother and sister called home from their missions my mom never stopped crying but when I called she didn't cry at all. But I guess she did and I didn't know. It's ok mom. I think all moms do that.
Sister Vasquez has to go to physical therapy every week and I asked the guy yesterday how the Jazz were doing and he told me they got killed and it stunk. I hate the Lakers.
Whenever anyone asked how my phone call was, I said, My family got some ducks. That's it.
The baptisms were AWESOME. Jesus was so excited, the night before we had a mothers day party at the church and we were getting out of the boat when the Charles & Jesus pulled in and he was smiling so big we could see it from across the parking lot. Then at the party he was running around helping everybody set up and carry stuff and he was going crazy. We are also teaching the Quiztian's sister-in-law, Mayra. She's way cool. She comes to all the church activities and to church and when we ask when she wants us to come back to teach her again she says, "Tomorrow." But she's scared to get baptized because her husband is really controlling and manipulative. He got deported (which is usually sad but I'm kinda glad) but he's trying to come back so she's scared that if she joins he'll be really mad when he comes back. Hopefully she'll be able to keep going and be baptized because she is amazing. Her husband stinks.
But anyway, Sunday was awesome. Church was kind of stressful because Brother Charles didn't know that Bro Quiztian was going to get baptized too but Jesus did and was fine with it but then Brother Charles (who is the member Jesus lives with) was going crazy and thinking we needed 2 programs and doing all this stuff but we finally just ran away from him and then made the elders talk to him and everything worked out.
We had to leave sacrament meeting while Brother Charles was giving some crazy talk on mothers ( I kind of missed the Riverdale kids singing and running out in the middle to go to the bathroom) to make sure that the font was filling (sacrament meeting is last.) We opened the door into the foyer and this little kid ran by without clothes on. The funniest thing is that it was our ward mission leader's kid and that he's white. He told us just to be glad that he wasn't screaming anymore.
The baptisms were amazing. I was a little nervous that it would be more focused on one than the other, but everyone was great to include them both in the talks and everything.
I don't think I've ever been happier than I was seeing Brother Quiztian get baptized. Their family is so amazing, every time we go over there Sister Quiztian is asking questions about the temple and she doesn't understand why she can't go yet (besides for baptisms). Brother Quiztian is very strong willed and kept telling us he wasn't getting baptized. I'm so glad that he was and I can't wait for the day when I get to go to the temple with them and see them get sealed. This gospel is so amazing, I don't think I ever realized before how lucky we are to have eternal families, to have the priesthood power on the earth again and to have temples so close to us. It drives me crazy that we can see the Dallas skyline, that the temple is about 40 minutes away, but we can't go. I'm so glad that I am able to be out here sharing the gospel and helping other families to be able to progress. There are hard days, days where I want to give up, people that won't listen and that are rude, but then there are days where you find someone who is ready to accept the gospel, who want so badly to learn everything that the gospel has to offer, that make it all worth it.
Love,
Sister Vaughn
No comments:
Post a Comment