Thursday, May 6, 2010

I thought of a really good subject line on Tuesday but now it's Thursday and I forgot it.

April 22, 2010

Buenos dias!!!!!!!

This transfer to be "unified" we're going to blitz (where everyone goes to one area and tracts for 2 hours and then gives all the contacts and return appts to the elders there) twice a week. Yesterday was the first one and then we tracted almost the rest of the day so with those 2 combined we talked to 63 people. It was crazy!!! It was really cool though. We met a little black kid named Pele...I said, "Like the soccer player?" and his mom was so impressed I knew who he was. Thanks, siblings.

I do get to know the members, the ones that come to church anyway. We try to get an exchange almost every night, but it's usually the same 10 or so sisters. That's not bad though; they're really cool. And when we go places for dinner we get to know the ward too. The other night we had dinner with the Baldi's (hopefully I can attach some pictures) and it was really fun. They were way cool and we ate outside in their really cool garden and Elder Alcaraz spilled the juice all over the table and I accidentally spilled beans in Elder Keltner's cup so he made me trade him and Elder Alcaraz called him a girl.

We found this weird bug yesterday that was on his back waving his legs in the air and couldn't turn over. We flipped him up right, he took three steps and flipped on his back again. He lives a hard life. Then we found another littler one and I tried to flip it over with my shoe but I accidentally squished it. He had a REALLY hard life.

I REMEMBER WHAT MY SUBJECT LINE WAS!!!! But I thought of it Sunday, not Tuesday. On Sunday we had stake conference. It was really good. They had 9 speakers. That was kind of crazy. But they had this convert share his testimony/conversion story. He was like 25 or 26 and black and really funny. He met the church because he's in the Marines and one of the other guys was a member from Saint George and he invited him to his house. It went like this:
"You should come meet my family. We live in St George, Ut."
"Wait...Utah?"
"Yeah, you'll love it. You'll be the only one there."
"What do you mean by that?"
After we got there we went to the grocery store and it was like, "Whoa! A polygamist!!!" "WHOA!!!! A black guy!!!!!!"
It was really funny.
President and Sister Thurston spoke too. That was cool.

This weekend is Mabel's baptism on Saturday. I am really excited. She is the Quiztian's 24 year old daughter. Their whole family is really great. Their 22 year old that hasn't really been interested in learning before told us last night she wants us to come teach her. And Hermano Quiztian is getting baptized on May 1st. I'm really excited for them to go to the temple.
Jesus is also getting baptized on the 1st. And Chalino was going to but it was really rainy last Sunday and he has arthritis in his knee and it aches when it rains so he couldn't come so now we have to move his date because they have to go to church at least 3 times. But he is still going strong and is great.

There is a sister in our ward that goes on exchanges with us like 3 times a week because she doesn't have a family and works during the day and has nothing to do at night. Her name is Hermana San Miguel and she is awesome. She talks about a million miles an hour and is always saying crazy things (everyone does actually) and is a really crazy driver. She'd never driven on a freeway before but last transfer we taught her how. Anyway, last night I finally realized who she reminds me of...Dobby from Harry Potter. Especially because she is really little with huge eyes. She's great and my favorite member.

Well, I told Sis Vasquez that I would only be 30 min and its now been 40. I love you all. Thank you for your emails, and don't worry about if they're long. If they are I just skim through them and then print them off and read them at home so I actually like when they are long.
I love you all!!!!!!

Love, Sister Vaughn
the John Stockton of P-day basketball

No comments:

Post a Comment