Saturday, May 5, 2012
We're Kind of a Big Deal...
That's right... Diamond Rio came to Rexburg. How often does that happen? I'll tell you... not that often actually.
So I heard they were coming before this semester started and I wanted to go, but when I finally got around to looking at tickets, all the good ones were sold out, so I decided I wasn't going to go. Then I was talking to my dad about it and he pointed out that cool things do not often happen in Rexburg and a major band for $8 was a pretty sweet deal. Well, I'm glad that I listened to my father. Because I loved every second of it.
I bought 2 tickets, because I didn't want to go alone.I figured I could find someone that would go with me...that proved a difficult task. Couple it with the fact that I took a week long facebook fast; my only resource was my cell phone. Well, I didn't really try that hard and come the morning of the concert, I still was ridin solo. My cousins Jandy and Jesse came up to go to the temple in the morning so I went with them and on the way home I shared my plight with them. Leave it to resourceful Jandy, within 20 minutes she had me a blind date with a kid that she buys potatoes from. Or something. So anyway, I called up Sven and we went to the concert!
It was PRI-TAY sweet. I had to try to act normal because I didn't know this guy, but other than that it was stellar. I was a little sad that I couldn't dance around and freak out a little, but I did sing most of the songs under my breath and busted out a few dance moves while he wasn't looking. I can't say it enough... IT. WAS. AWESOME. I didn't realize how many Diamond Rio songs I loved. It was just wonderful. And one of the best parts was that the couple in front of us that was making out on my legs (we sat in bleachers in the Hart gym) during the opening act left after that so I had all the leg room I needed. Christmas miracle. I also loved the opening band, Truman. http://www.bentruman.blogspot.com/. Check them ooouuutttt... through stalking them, I found out they are Mormon and the sons of one of the members of Diamond Rio. I know now why they came to Rexburg. Also, I think that Diamond Rio should all be Mormon. Just sayin. Then they can play for us in heaven.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment