Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Runnin...

So tomorrow is the one month mark until my Utah Valley (Half) Marathon debut. Am I excited? I'm not sure yet. Will I die? It's a very big possibility. But alas... I go forward. People keep asking me if I'm "training." Well of course. I'm no idiot. Then they ask what I'm doing for it. My response? "I do what I want." People keep giving me advice, like make an actual training plan or find one online that tells you what to do every day until your race. You know what I say to that? "I do what I want." Now, if you know me, which you probably do because it's only Mallory, Maurie and Jill that read this, I don't really like suggestions from people, or when THEY "know" what's best for me. So usually I do the opposite of what they tell me. Or just ignore them. Or continue to do whatever is bothering them. This explains in part why I have so much Hannah Montana paraphernalia. Or why I hate the lady at the dentist who always talks to me about diabetes because her husband is diabetic. She doesn't know. Anyway... there is really no point to this post besides the fact that I am putting off my money management homework. BUT... I have found some neat things that have been helping me "train." Mapmyrun.com is way awesome... now I know how far I am running as I'm running around town and I can finally switch up my routes without having to later drive them and try to clock it in my car. Also, I upgraded or something on Party Poddy. I'm not really sure what I did, but it now has new layout and instead of just a pedometer, it keeps track of my distance and speed and tells me how far I've gone and tells me "Great job!" sometimes. Love it. The bad thing is now I don't know how to change songs really so sometimes I am running to Josh Groban...not the most motivational music. I don't really even like him when I'm not running. So anyway...I'm sure I'll get that under control soon. As far as distance... I ran four miles the other day and didn't die...I'm slowly getting there. My goal for tomorrow is five. Speaking of five miles, my roommate just came home from the gym for her 5th time this semester (we've been here over a month) and said she ran five miles. She wasn't even sweaty and had no redness in her face...is that even possible? I thought she just went out to check the mail. Quien sabe. Anyway...that's about it. One lingering question though...what is up with all the featured $5 footlongs lately? Who wants pizza on their sandwich? If you wanted pizza, wouldn't you just buy... a pizza? People these days...

2 comments: