Wednesday, March 14, 2012
a delicious dilemma.
I love these...
I have a hard time resisting them when I see them sitting there on the gas station counter...the gleam of incandescent lighting overhead reflecting off of the plastic wrap makes my mouth water with desire. But I have a hard time paying an entire dollar (sometimes more) for just one. I want them all. I was contemplating this predicament earlier this week. Last week I had the opportunity of spending a few days at my brother's apartment. While there, I took advantage of the fact that he lives within walking distance of a Sinclair and took a little journey to purchase myself some Diet Dr. Pepper. I walk up to the counter to pay for my purchase and low and behold...muffins. Taunting me with their provocative poppy seedy deliciousness. So I bought one. And it was amazing. But the time came, as it often does, to return home to the barren wasteland of northern Scottsdale where the closest gas station is 2 miles away. And they don't even have muffins anyway. What is a poor white girl to do? The answer: Pinterest. Pretty much the answer to anything actually. Anyway found this recipe:
1 1/2 - 2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. milk
4 eggs
1 tsp. soda
3 c. flour
1 1/2 c. oil
1 tsp. salt
2 oz. poppy seeds
Combine ingredients in a mixer and blend until there are no lumps. Pour into loaf pans or muffin pans and bake. (Honey may be substituted for sugar.) 375 degrees, 20 minutes for muffins. 350 degrees, 50 minutes for two loaves of bread.
Followed it:
Wham bam thank you ma'am: Muffins.
Look like this:
Taste like this:
MY MO(heaven)UTH. Get it?
Anyway...pretty darn delectable. As in life, nothing can compare with the deliciousness of something you don't have to make yourself, but I am still pretty pleased with the results.
Just 2 sidenotes: Poppy seeds can be purchased at walmart a lot cheaper than other grocery stores. (What can't?)
And 2. Who knows why it calls for 2 oz. of them. They must be smoking something. (Get it? Cuz poppy seeds are opium.) I used 2 tablespoons and it was more than enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I wanna try and make these.
ReplyDelete