Yesterday my companion, Sister Checketts had a mission council meeting and so did Sister Perkins, so Sister Terry and I went on exchanges together. She came in at the same time as me. It was really fun; we just walked around and ate a lot of pizza and stuff. In the morning we walked to these apartments called Wakefield where Bobby, and Joetorea and Gloria and Eddie and a lot of people that we talk to and visit live. Most of them speak Spanish though and Sister Terry is an English missionary. So we went and saw Bobby and an angry lady open the door and told us he was still sleeping and to go away and then we went and talked to Joetorea's mom. Joetorea was at school but we talked to her about mutual a few weeks ago and she wants to go but then every Wednesday she can't go because she got in trouble and she's on punishment. She's 12 and she's really cute and is full of it and she's really fun. We taught her and her brother Kevion the 10 commandments last night. Oh...I forgot I was telling about what we did in the morning. So we talked to her mom about mutual and she said she could go but then I couldn't get ahold of the YW leader and I didn't have Joetorea's number because it was in our apt and we were footin around Arlington and I felt really bad but when we went back that night she couldn't go anyway because she had slammed the door so we just taught her a lesson. After Wakefield we walked to Casey's house but she wasn't home. We talked to a lot of people though and Sis Checketts and I are teaching one of them, Carmen, tonight. I did a few Spanish contacts by myself and it was fun.
After that we walked back to the apt and got our car, we walked like 2 or 3 miles, and then went to Cici's Pizza. Dad remember how I used to always want to go there but we could never find one? Well, it's not that cool. But it was only $4 so it was good and they had really good brownies. Then we drove to these apartments where Sis Terry had a lesson with some new members, Connie and Kandis, I taught them with Sis Perkins when we went on exchanges a few weeks ago, and we contacted for 2 hours before that apt. By then our companions were back and so we met them and went to our dinner appts. Connie had fed us chicken salad and then Sis Favela gave us a lot of food and I ate a lot of pizza for lunch so I was sick. But that's ok I guess. I'm getting used to it. That's when we went to see Joetorea and taught her and then we taught Gloria, who lives in the same house where I gave my first Book of Mormon. She has a lot of really cute kids and a dog named Oso that is little and scares me. Gloria is really neat; we've been teaching her for 2 weeks now I think.
After that we walked back to the apt and got our car, we walked like 2 or 3 miles, and then went to Cici's Pizza. Dad remember how I used to always want to go there but we could never find one? Well, it's not that cool. But it was only $4 so it was good and they had really good brownies. Then we drove to these apartments where Sis Terry had a lesson with some new members, Connie and Kandis, I taught them with Sis Perkins when we went on exchanges a few weeks ago, and we contacted for 2 hours before that apt. By then our companions were back and so we met them and went to our dinner appts. Connie had fed us chicken salad and then Sis Favela gave us a lot of food and I ate a lot of pizza for lunch so I was sick. But that's ok I guess. I'm getting used to it. That's when we went to see Joetorea and taught her and then we taught Gloria, who lives in the same house where I gave my first Book of Mormon. She has a lot of really cute kids and a dog named Oso that is little and scares me. Gloria is really neat; we've been teaching her for 2 weeks now I think.
We had our first baptism on Sunday!!!!!!! It was really neat. It's la familia Quiztian; they live in Fort Worth. They took the lessons a year ago but got dropped because they couldn't go to church because it didn't fit with their schedule. When it changed to 1 o'clock at the New Year Sis Quiztian called and we started teaching her again. I think the first time we went back was my 3 or 4th day. The whole family is great and they have a daughter Mabel, that is around 25 that has 2 little girls, one age 7 and one 2, that we are teaching still. She's going to get baptized soon though...she's really great. Sis Quiztian also has a daughter that is 7...so she has a daughter and granddaughter the same age. She feeds us EVERY time we go there and I usually can't understand her but she's one of my favorite people here. She loves the Liahona and everytime we go she is always telling us about stuff she's read and it's always like people like Wilford Woodruff and Joseph F. Smith and she can never say their names and it's funny. This week we went to teach her around 2...purposefully so she wouldn't feed us lunch. Well, that plan didn't work because she'd made meatball soup and had a lot left over. She fed us til we were going to burst. We went and taught Merced, another of our investigators, and then we had a dinner appt with Mabel at her own house because we are trying to teach them separately because Sis Quiztian was/is farther along in the lessons. Brother Quiztian doesn't believe in letting the women in his family work so they all just hang out all day together and take care of the kids. So usually Mabel is at the Quiztian house, but we purposefully made an appt at her apt so that we could teach her by herself. We went in the house and we hear a voice from the kitchen "Aqui estoy!!!!!!!" It was Sis Quiztian because she wanted to see us again. We were still stuffed from the meatball soup (because we'd eaten lunch as well before the soup) and then they fed us a seafood salad thing with shrimp and crab and cilantro and some other unidentified stuff on tortillas, but Sis Quiztian always remembers I can't have corn so she gave me crackers. It was really good but I have never been so full in my life. I was literally gagging it down and I almost didn't make it. I didn't finish my plate. Anyway, we taught the Restoration and it was really good. Mabel doesn't have a baptismal date yet but she's getting baptized soon...she's great. Brother Quiztian keeps saying he likes his own church and he'll just stay there, but he comes every Sunday with his wife and kids and he told Sister Quiztian (she told us when she was once again feeding us Tues) that he knows that this church is true and Joseph Smith is a true prophet from the fruits. He's going to get baptized soon. The family is really great. That is who is in the other pictures.
We're really excited for conference. I've been reading the ensign from last conf during exercise in the morning while I ride a stationary bike. And I made fliers to hand out and now all the missionaries in our zone are handing them out because they saw them and wanted them. I invite everyone. I was telling this lady, "this weekend is really special for us." And she goes, "ya it is" and I almost said "You already know about conference?!?!" but then I realized she was talking about Easter.Sometimes we meet people from Korea and stuff that can't speak English or Spanish and they just smile and nod. I like it. We met a lady yesterday while tracting that was gardening and she could speak some english and she said "I sorry! I sweaty. I like a pig!!!!" I liked it a lot. Then she said that she likes to go to the Korean church because those are her people but her husband makes her go to the baptist church.
Well, no time left. Have a good week. I love you.
Hermana Vaughn
-Street Walker
No comments:
Post a Comment