Sunday, February 9, 2014

Ketchup.

Well, I guess it's time I do some updates, even though only two people read this anyway. Hey Jill. Hey Mal.

I moved to Salt Lake City (more specifically Mill Creek) sometime in October.
 I don't really remember when exactly anymore. Nick and Jenni were gracious enough to let me live on their couch for a while until I found somewhere to live. Oh, I moved down here because I got a job working at a residential treatment center in Murray. By happy coincidence, it's about 2 miles from Nick and Jenni's house, and about 4 miles from my house. So that's pretty convenient. One of my favorite parts about living in Salt Lake (and one of the motivators of moving here) is hanging out with lil miss boo thing, Eliza.
I live in the basement of an older brick house and I have 3 other roommates. It's a lot cooler than living with girls in an apartment because I just basically stay in my room all the time and I don't really have to interact with other people. Unless I need food. Last week I bought a hermit crab, so now I'm not as much of a recluse.
This is Professor Gomez.

So far Salt Lake is pretty cool. Way better than Provo. (Sorry Provo. Except, #sorrynotsorry). My BFF that I met in college lives in Taylorsville, which is about 15 minutes away so we kick it all the time.
In the fall we had a "roommate reunion" in Park City.We're going for the tourist vibe here...
We have girls night every Tuesday at her apartment and we watch Pretty Little Liars, so I guess you could say we're really taking advantage of the wonderful night life here in the capital city. Oh, also... It's Aubrey. Forgot to mention that. We've recently (last week) decided that we are going to go through every temple in Utah, so we've designated Wednesdays as our temple day. I'm pretty stoked for that.
We started with the Oquirrh Mountain temple. I loved it. Even though we almost went into the men's dressing room. Luckily temple workers are nice and one stopped us before we made a terrible mistake.

I work Thursday-Saturday from about 2-11 pm. Some people find it disadvantageous that I can never do things on the weekends, but I'm ok with it. That means when I'm not working, I don't have to come up with reasons to avoid going to parties and bowling and the like, and I am able to focus on the things that I really enjoy doing. Like watching Netflix in my sweats and eating treats until 3 in the morning.
Life is pretty fantastic right now.

Sometimes people ask me what I do when I'm not working (as in Monday-Wednesday). To be honest... I really don't know. During the holiday season, my parents (mostly my mom) were in Preston for the majority of the time, so I would go up and hang out with her often. That's probably the best part of my schedule; I get a four day weekend every week. I also tried my hand at the whole Etsy thing... that dream was quickly shot down when I found out that every other person on the earth knows how to sew and no one wanted to buy my stuff.
Also, I shouldn't be trusted with sharp objects. I like to call this picture "Sewing project is over."
I'm still looking for that creative niche that no one else has... so if you have any suggestions, I may be open to them. Maybe.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Sometimes people ask how I'm recovering from my car adventure this summer. My head is pretty much all healed so that's awesome. I'm recovering pretty well; hopefully chronic back pain will one day be a thing of the past, but I'm not to that point yet. Other than that, I'm just as awesome as ever.


2 comments: