Well, I didn't get my call today...funny story actually...I woke up at 7 after having a dream about it coming (it was weird, I got a sheet from the church office buildings (it wasn't an envelope, just like a flyer thing) so I was scared to turn it over because I thought maybe that was their new way of issuing calls and that it would be printed on the back and I knew my mom would be so mad at me if she wasn't on the phone when I opened it. Finally my roommates talked me into turning it over, and it was a bill for the packages I had had my siblings send to friends in the MTC. haha. But then it turned out my call was mixed in with the other mail and we found it and just as I was about to open it, my new brother-in-law texted me in real life and I woke up.) Anyway, so that was my dream...I couldn't go back to sleep for the longest time but finally I did (I needed more sleep because I didn't sleep very well on my canoe trip the night before) and I woke up at 9 to get ready for my class at 9:45. Well, I wanted to check the mail, just in case, so as soon as I woke up I put a hoodie on with the hood over my lovely morning hair and ran out the door barefoot because I couldn't find my shoes. Just as I get to the mail boxes the mailman is pulling away. Crazy right? So I open the mailbox AND...there are TWO letters. For my roommate. :( Then I noticed the mailman was driving down the alley towards the manager's office. (When I filled out my papers, I actually didn't put an apt # because I didn't know it. I had called Birch (where I live...) and they said if I just put the street address it would go to the managers. I did have my stake president mention in his note thing that I am in apt 109, but who knows if they'll remember to change it or if they can or whatever. Also, when I got the mail out, I realized our mailboxes are really small, so I didn't know if a full sized envelope would fit in it.) So I was like, Maybe he's taking it down there!!!! So I ran down the alley after him. But then he stopped halfway down the complex at another bank of mailboxes. So I went up to him, shoeless, in my hot pink sweats and with a byu hoodie pulled over my hair that was sticking out of the hood anyway, and asked, "If my mission call comes, will you put it in our mailbox?" And he said, "Yes, what apt do you live in? I had 2 calls today, but none for Birch." And I said, " I live here. In 109." And he said, "I am sorry. Check next week. They always come on Thursdays." And I said, "I know." And he said, "Good luck." And I said, "Thank you." And then I went home and got ready for class and was 10 minutes late. Oh well.
Hopefully next week is the weekkkkkk!!!!!!!! It's kind of a bummer, but I'll just be even that much more excited when it comes.
*I've had requests (and by requests I mean one) to have a post where those who want can respond and voice their opinions as to where I am going to be called. This could be the one...
That was me! I requested it. But then I saw your facebook group so I predicted it on that. So I'll just put my prediction from there, here. Hawaii, Northeastern United States, or Madagascar. Or last night I had a dream you went to Canada. The end.
ReplyDelete